Re: Mass bug filing: Cryptographic protection against modification

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 11:48:31AM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com> writes:
>
> I'm not going to argue that we should throw out the GPL because we can't
> distribute its text because that would be insane.  Throwing out the SC
> seems a lot more rational at this point.

Addendum:

If you really want to go to the trouble of modifying something (again),
I suggest modifying the DFSG instead, to grant an explicit exeption for
required license texts, as a codification of the existing precedent.
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU/kNetBSD(i386) porter                                      : :' :