Re: An appeal for brevity on the Sarge/SC threads

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 10:36:15PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> I'd say it could very well be damn useful to eventually be able to
> cope with this problem differently than "unsubscribe if you can't
> read mail for 5 hours a day".  If we accept participation to be
> impossible (or very hard) for many, then there is a sound
> justification for the Debian Cabal debate to come out from time to
> time.
>
> Example strategies could be learning how to isolate positions and
> topics and split and retitle threads, or having someone ("mailing
> list secretaries"?) writing regular summaries of the hottest
> discussions and the various views that are expressed in big and
> important threads.  Or both.  And maybe something else.  And a BOF
> on this at Debconf.

I've worked with some organizations with high email volumes that had
some strategies and policies that made following lists easier. I'm not
sure if any of them will apply cleanly to Debian but I'm happy to
share my experiences and ideas online and/or a Debconf BOF if folks
are interested.

Regards,
Mako

--