Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 01:15, David Palmer wrote:
> This is dangerous.
> It was my own initial reaction, but on reflection, I've had to reassess.
> By releasing with an admittance that our 'product' does not meet our own
> established and published standard, we may well compromise Debians'
> legal position by establishing a specific legal precedent.

Debian is of course not going to do anything illegal.  The question
here is whether Debian will live up to the standards it has set
for itself when it releases Sarge.  The only danger is that the
credibility of the SC (and Debian as a whole) will be impaired.

--
Thomas Hood