Re: Proposal - Constitutional Amendment: Associate Foundation Documents to Releases

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 05:17:46PM -0500, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> I propose to add the following to the Constitution:
>
>   § 5.1.4. Ratified versions of Foundation Documents shall be formally
>            associated to specific releases of the Debian system.

This seems to me to be incomplete.

What's a specific release?

Ok, sure, we know what a specific release is today.  But how about after
the next major change of the release system?

Does this proposal cause any problems for us if we move to a release
system which doesn't have specific releases?

What does this proposal have to say about "minor releases" which follow a
"major release"?

What does this mean for the existing foundation documents?  Do they
"go away" after the current specific release?  If so, that's almost
[but not quite] the opposite of what we need for the most recent social
contract amendment.

Thanks,

--
Raul