Re: /media for sarge?

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 01:32:31PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Achieving FHS compliance by upgrading could be sometimes very tricky.
> Please perform FHS compliance tests on newly installed systems only.

While I agree that FHS compliance tests should be run on newly installed
system, there is another issue involved here:

As Joey Hess stated, moving cdrom from /cdrom to /media/cdrom will
result in breakage if that file is not generated on upgrade. I think
this is worth considering besides the more academical point of FHS

Michael Banck
Debian Developer