* Meat.
Debian believes the GFDL does not meet our requirements for Free
Software. However, works licensed under the GFDL are included in
Sarge.

* Reasoning.
Excluding GFDL works would exclude a large amount of useful
documentation. We do not believe this is in our users' best interest.
We do, however, maintain our dedication to Free Software. As such,
for the next release we will resolve any issues preventing the above
works from being Free Software, or will remove them from the
distribution.

* Action.
I would like to see the above text be put into a general-resolution
from (if that is in fact the correct medium) and vote, then
wash-rinse-repeat with as many outstanding issues as are necessary to
release Sarge.

Cheers,
Shaun