Re: more evil firmwares found

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:34:33 -0500, Ryan Underwood <nemesis-lists@icequake.net> said:

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 03:43:48PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>>
>> OK, so allow there to be sourceless non-programs.  Seems reasonable
>> to me, though I might change my mind.

> That is *absolutely* the concession that I have been after.  I don't
> understand why it is so difficult to draw out, considering the
> verbal distinction in DFSG between "software" and "program".  It
> seems that most people would rather use pedantic technicalities to
> circumvent the verbage of the DFSG.

	Well, because some of us think that we are losing an important
 freedom once we narrow the source requirement to only
 ``programs''. And, in this day of fast interpreters, what is one mans
 data is another mans executable script.  I would consider, say,
 postscript to be a script, for example.

	manoj
--
Does biff in bo work coz it biffin doesn't beep an if biff in bo is
broke then biff in bo I will delete I've tried biff in bo with 'y'