Re: why must Debian call Taiwan a "Province of China"?

Sam Hartman wrote:

"Joey" == Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

   Joey> Please don't crosspost flamebait to multiple debian mailing
   Joey> lists.  -- see shy jo

Hi.  I'm not involved in this issue at all.  I agree that debian-user
was an inappropriate cross-post.
I don't. This is something that concerns us al.

However, after receiving the mail from Herbert to debian-boot cited in
the original message, I believe it is completely appropriate to
escalate from debian-boot to debian-devel and appropriate to let
debian-boot know that you are escalating by copying them on the
message.

I'll agree that this message could have been better worded, but can we
please fix the problem or explain why we're not going to fix the
problem rather than flaming about process in this instance.
Agreed. But so far avoidance of the issue would appear to be the theme in fashion.

Honestly, the message could have been a lot worse.
Yes, it could have been.
I tend to the view that the O.P. adopted quite a responsible position,
and exhibited a degree of integrity.
Regards,

David.