Re: Accepted gimp 2.0.0-1 (i386 source all)

Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> wrote:
> Hi, Herbert Xu wrote:
>
>> To the contrary, I interpret it to mean that these bugs have been fixed
>> by changes unique to this particular upstream release in the context of
>> Debian.
>
> Your interpretation doesn't match mine.

That does not bother me at all.  You can feel free to interpret
these messages to mean whatever you want.

> Besides, mostoften when something like that happens, the bugs are just
> closed _without_ checking beforehand whether theey're really fixed.

Speak for yourself.  I apply the same level of scrutiny to bug closures
whether they are caused by Debian changes or upstream changes.

> And if you do the checking, then writing half a dozen words for every
> number isn't THAT much more effort... in fact, this discussion probably
> eats more time (AGAIN) as doing a proper job in the first place would have
> done.

It is not about how much effort it requires, it is about listing the
information in a consistent way.