Re: The GnuStep genericly-named package virus grows worse

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 04:40:33PM -0500, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> According to Josip Rodin:
> > On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 03:48:46PM -0500, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > > Diffutils diff postdates the original, and there are other diff
> > > programs besides the one from GNU.  That package should be gnu-diff.
> > > </sarcasm>
> >
> > Sure, if we had the other diff programs, and weren't GNU/Linux? :)
>
> Fine, if you want to play it that way.  Let's try 'ftp' then.

Can we revert some Governing body to resolve disputes like this, such
as "if it's mentioned significantly in a Posix spec, it is assumed to be
in the Posix namespace, and the Posix namespace is the only such
recognized namespace?"

I think you're going to have to define "generic name" like the court
defines obscenity: you know it when you see it.