Re: New nail package -- parts of documentation with unclear license

Scripsit Hilko Bengen <bengen@debian.org>
> Hilko Bengen <bengen@debian.org> writes:

> >     The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and The Open
> >     Group, have given us permission to reprint portions of their
> >     documentation.

> After mail exchange with the upstream author, I have come to the
> conclusion that it would be ok to include the documentation beacuae it
> is still legal to modify the software and documentation in every
> aspect, as long as the POSIX copyright notice is not removed from the
> documentaion (manpage).

Do you have an actual statement from IEEE that shows that they are
okay with modifications of the text they have contributed?

Henning Makholm            "Vi skal nok ikke begynde at undervise hinanden i
                    den store regnekunst her, men jeg vil foreslå, at vi fra
             Kulturministeriets side sørger for at fremsende tallene og også
          give en beskrivelse af, hvordan man læser tallene. Tak for i dag!"