Re: New nail package -- parts of documentation with unclear license

Scripsit Hilko Bengen <bengen@debian.org>
> Hilko Bengen <bengen@debian.org> writes:

> >     The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and The Open
> >     Group, have given us permission to reprint portions of their
> >     documentation.

[...]

> After mail exchange with the upstream author, I have come to the
> conclusion that it would be ok to include the documentation beacuae it
> is still legal to modify the software and documentation in every
> aspect, as long as the POSIX copyright notice is not removed from the
> documentaion (manpage).

Do you have an actual statement from IEEE that shows that they are
okay with modifications of the text they have contributed?

--
Henning Makholm            "Vi skal nok ikke begynde at undervise hinanden i
                    den store regnekunst her, men jeg vil foreslå, at vi fra