Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

Luis de Bethencourt Guimera wrote:
> it is true that debian has an image of being a system for computer
> experts, which I might only agree in the poorly documentend
> installation, I know the installation is autodocumented, but it is also
> nice to have an external documentation that gives the quick steps to be
> installed.

The preliminary install manual for sarge/sid is available from
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/installer-i386/current/doc/

If you feel there are some points missing, hard to understand, or not
translated in your preferred language, feel free to contribute. How
to get started with contributions to debian-installer is outlined at

Thiemo