Re: Giving up with SVN? [Re: Strange problems with svn.debian.org]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Giving up with SVN? [Re: Strange problems with svn.debian.org]
- From: Jérôme Marant <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:14:53 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20040401030255.GA4113@kitenet.net>
- References: <email@example.com> <20040328182947.GA29647@kitenet.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040401030255.GA4113@kitenet.net>
Quoting Joey Hess <email@example.com>:
> One problem on alioth seems to be subversion processes that just hang.
> This has happended to the d-i repository each morning for the past three
> days. All I can do is work around it by the brutal method of creating a
> new locks directory each time.
> All or nearly all of the following processes on alioth are hung. Their
> owners (or the admins) might want to do something about them. If it's
> the hang I've been seeing, they'll be stuck in a select loop on fd 0.
I noticed this also. I also noticed that some files from the db
directory are www-data:www-data and I don't understand why this.
Wouldn't viewCVS the cause of those problems? I noticed that it
sometimes locks files without unlocking them.