ifupdown needs an actual maintainer

I've just added to the voluminous pile of bugs, many with patches,
attached to ifupdown.  The maintainer of record hasn't uploaded since
July of 2001.  The most recent NMU was in September of 2003.

I wouldn't be posting to d-d about this for most packages, but
ifupdown is critical to the operation of almost every Debian system
that exists.  Letting it go unmaintained for so long is Not OK.

I'm willing to take over.  If someone else steps up that'd be OK too.
But the current situation is just not tenable.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip@pobox.com>