Re: updates to the base system packages list

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 12:21:23PM -0500, Christopher Martin wrote:
> How would the user then configure their PPPoE connection? pppoeconf makes
> this task very easy, but it doesn't use the pppd pppoe plug-in, from what
> I've seen as a user. Assuming I'm not missing some other provided tool,

A week ago I found myself in the situation you describe: have to
configure a DSL without pppoeconf. It turned out that the sample ppp
configuration file for DSL providers in /etc/ppp/ was perfect. I just
need to rename it to /etc/ppp/options and add the relevant
authentication information in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets.

Maybe we can set up a tool to automate this process, but ATM it isn't
worst than a non-DSL ppp set up.

Cheers.