Re: Microrant about package dependencies.

Steve Langasek wrote :
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 11:56:17PM -0700, Doug Holland wrote:
> > I'll keep it nice and short...
>
> > Packages in sid should NOT have dependencies on packages available only in
> > experimental!  Ethereal maintainers, are you listening?

One package didn't install in your daily dist-upgrade ?  Big deal.
This is unstable.  Things break.  Things are fixed.  Btw, the proper
way is to send a bug report; nobody is asked to read debian-devel.
(I would take the blame much easier if it wasn't for your tone,
thanks you, I'm not in the mood.)

> > That is all.
>
> I have a recompile-only NMU of ethereal in preparation for ethereal
> right now to address this issue.

Thanks Steve for the NMU.   I have very little time for the moment and
the security issues urged me to upload a new version quicky.  I just
checked the packages installed and ran correctly on my computer;
forgetting about experimental packages I had installed.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

        Frederic