Re: RFC: kernel packages cleanup

Hi, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 07:33:59PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
>> m68k     --> I heard there may be problems with 2.4 *sigh*
>
> The amiga port works with 2.4. The mac port doesn't, but people are
> actively working on it.

2.4 may never support Macs, but 2.6 starts to look reasonably good on them.

It probably won't be ready for Sarge, but d-i runs on 2.2 (I installed one
of my machines with it, last week) so we can always drop 2.2 support later.

Anyway, for purposes of security updates, part of the problem seems to be
that m68k compilation is somewhat slow. To fix that, we can either accept
that $SLOW_ARCH's security uzpdates will be late, or cross-compile the
kernel on $FAST_ARCH.

--
Matthias Urlichs