Re: Virtual package: flexmem

On 22-Mar-04, 14:53 (CST), Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@o2.pl> wrote:
> I won't give you such example. I knew, that this isn't the best idea,
> but I just checked how is prepared obexftp, and I tried to do similar
> with my package... thus I wanted to "legalize" this existing virtual
> package. Now seeing that this is useless and unnecesarry what should
> I do? Should I fill the bug against obexftp to not provide such virtual
> package? Or just make my own package and don't bother about it?

You should probably contact Eduard Bloch (obexftp) and determine what
the requirements/expectations are for that virtual package, and possibly
Michael Banck (scmxx) and Sebastian Henschel (irda-utils) to see what
they consider to flexmem virtual package interface to be.

It's possible that the collective agreement is "uh, some way for the
user to move files, we don't care", in which case I'd argue that they
are seriously misusing virtual packages, but your package would meet
that requirement.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland