Re: CDBS and multiple init scripts?

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 10:43:01AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 10:36, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> > If the daemons are interdependent, they should always be started at once
> > from a single init script.  If they are not, then they should most likely be
> > in separate packages.
>
> Just Curious:
> What about quagga? I like the way RH have init scripts for zebra, ospfd
> etc all separate, but it seems a little overkill to have separate
> packages for each daemon.

The Debian quagga init script lets you do "/etc/init.d/quagga {stop,start}
bgpd", for example.

I would certainly consider placing them in separate packages, for example so
that they could be up/downgraded independently.  This comes in handy when
you want to minimize changes to a mission-critical system (such as a
router).

--
 - mdz