Re: ppp 2.4.2+20040202-1 on m68k

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:47:21PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> Excuse for ppp
>     * 17 days old (needed 5 days)
>     * out of date on m68k: ppp (from 2.4.2+20031127-2)
>     * Not considered
> base/ppp_2.4.2+20040202-1: Needs-Build [optional:out-of-date]
>   Previous state was Building until 2004 Mar 18 12:01:40
> Please somebody explain me again why I should not hate m68k.

Because that doesn't help you anyhow to speed up things.

> I have been explained that the package has been compiled a long time
> ago, but apparently nobody bothered yet to sign it. Why?

http://www.buildd.net/buildd/m68k_needs-build.txt

leads to:
xine-lib_1-rc3b-1
ppp_2.4.2+20040202-1

So, the new version is on second top position in the queue order of
needs-build.

And if you don't trust the porters to build your package correctly and
handle it right, you are free to log into crest and build it yourself.

And *again* your are using the wrong list. The m68k porters list is still
m68k-build@nocrew.org as it is listed on
http://www.buildd.net/index-m68k.html and http://www.debian.org/ports/m68k/

On the buildd.net page you can find as well the email address of the
responsible buildd admin, when you feel that it is his fault that the
previous build didn't reached state installed.

*sigh*

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/