Re: some NMU candidates

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:52:59PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> These are simply packages in sarge with RC bugs in sarge, such that the RC
> bugs are marked 'patch' and have been so for a while -- and furthermore
> the fixes really are straightforward and clearly correct.
(...)
> snort (#231580)

I'll probably upload a patched version and fix some other bugs along the
way, the current changelog entry for the NMU (patch sent today to
maintainer and co-maintainer) includes:

snort (2.1.0-4.1) unstable; urgency=high

  * NMU
    * Snort group is now created using --system in all packages
      Closes: #231580
    * Both the cron.daily script and the postinst scripts set a default
      value for STATS_RCPT and STATS_TRESHOLD to avoid buggy behaviours
      if the user does not setup a proper value when interfacing with
      debconf. Still, these values should be checked in the config
      scripts. (Closes: #173331)
    * Snort-stat now exists if there are no results which will avoid
      it from sending empty emails (Closes: #217913, #174508, #192401,
      #172529)
    * Improved the explanations in several templates (Closes: #217173)
    * Updated Japanese translation (and fixed some po format errors,
    hopefully without damaging the po file) (Closes: #226680)
    * Included Catalan debconf translation (Closes: #236644)
    * Updated pt-BR debconf translation (Closes: #228244)
    * Re-Added (partial) spanish debconf translation (it seems that
      the work I did back in december 2001 has not been moved to
po-debconf!)

I'll have to ask the po-maintainers to revise the po files though.

Regards

Javier