Re: lintian probs: need 'COPYING', and script with #!<not-abs-path>

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 08:27, Alexis Huxley wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to package some software as a .deb; not for Debian,
> well, not yet anyway, just for myself, and anybody who wants to
> download it.
>
> The software includes a command, let's call it
> 'create-new-module-from-template', which generates a source tree for
> a new program from a template directory.
>
> When run as 'create-new-module-from-template foo', amongst many others,
> the following files are created:
>
> 	foo/doc/COPYING

While this is fine, consider either making this a symlink to the
appropriate license in /usr/share/common-licenses (probably trivial), or
making the program read from there directly (which I did for the uligo
package).

I think most Debian users have enough copies of the GPL on their system
already. :)
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>