Re: Policy on Account creation and deletion?

Marc Haber wrote:

> (1) Account Name
> This has been discussed in the past, with no real consensus being
> reached. It is clear that we should use a namespace that doesn't clash
> with names that our users my use on their systems since we might
> remove an account that the local administrator manually created.
> Possibilities include _foo, foo_, Debian-foo and foo-Debian, with the
> only package I am aware of that already does this being exim4 (using
> Debian-exim, and receiving gazillion of bug reports "this account name
> is ugly").

I wouldn't use names which are unusual (longer than 8 or 9 character,
consisting of unusual characters).

I'm still surprised that your user name causes so little problems.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, freenet.de, hotmail.com,