RE: spam closes Debian bugs!

Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Julian Mehnle <lists@mehnle.net> wrote:
> > Of course the control messages would need to be signed by recognized
> > keys.  That was implicit in my suggestion [...]
>
> [...]
> There are two ways to fix your proposal:
> * Use non-standard signatures that verify the header, too. (They are
>   used in usenet but no[1] mail-client supports them.
> * Abolish nnnnnnn-done@bugs.debian.org or require a magic
>   keyword/header to make it effective

The latter was also implicit in my suggestion -- of course, the
authoritative controlling aspect of a control message would need to be
signed.  I absolutely agree that the mere arrival of a message with some
signed random body wouldn't be sufficient to actually induce any control
actions by the BTS.