Re: spam closes Debian bugs!

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 12:49:20AM +0100, Julian Mehnle wrote:
> One last thing:
>
> Florent Rougon wrote:
> > "Julian Mehnle" <lists@mehnle.net> wrote:
> > > [...]
> >
> > [ For the rest of your message: please learn to wrap. ]
>
> Why don't you tell that to your mail reader?
>
> My messages *are* wrapped in their raw state.  Since they are
> transfer-encoded as quoted-printable, your mail reader unwraps them,
> and it should re-wrap them according to your terminal/window width or
> custom-configured wrap width.  This is by the design of
> quoted-printable.

(A) this is off topic for -devel, please let's not again.

(B) That's by the design of format=flowed, which is entirely different.
quoted-printable is only a transfer encoding; it can be, and
occasionally is, used for binary data.  There is no more or less room
for well-behaved mail readers to wrap q-p data than there is to wrap
7bit or 8bit data.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz