Re: font problem with emacs and XFree 4.3.0-5

On Thursday 11 March 2004 00:09, Shaya Potter wrote:
> I'm having serious font problem w/ emacs since I updated my X
> installation.

Konsole for me here, each and every upgrade of unstable makes me ...

... lastly look after this mess. Not much, i found out:

I run a font server, pretty useless with modern apps say the howtos
They'd require fonts installed locally (think i got the gigs, eh?)
then they ask fontconfig for some font matching their request
fontconfig matches serif/sans, pt sizes, looks, whatever, returns a name
app opens and uses this font. Some support for ~/.fonts out there.

I mean, i really try. Thanks btw. to everybody who wrote doc on it, that
i could install from d.o. and work on it offline. Imagine one doc-xfont

Branden and the X Force have quite some nice docs in there to bewilder a
user on a very high level (thanks), since i seem not clever enough,
except to ask for it:
Please, someone summarize the input of the knowledgables of the font
installation and consumption instances, with consoles and encodings?
I'd then offer myself (co welcome:) to create html from it that, if
found from any user at all, is likely to answer his questions and still
bewilder him on a very high level. Translators are needed, come on, no
big deal - one dir of html to enlighten users to knowledgables like say
DDs, how to config a random font creator as Debian unstable themself ;)

Have a nice day, martin