Re: broken package dependencies, surgery on package database

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 08:26, Richard Weil wrote:
> I've used equivs for making java packages before, but
> I have no idea how to use it for other packages. But
> even if I do create equivs packages, how do I get rid
> of the "real" packages that are stuck?

equivs is really easy, read the documentation (no offense intended, it
is _really_ easy). What you can try, is creating a dummy packages with
the same name as the packages you want to remove, install them (this
will get rid of your broken packages) and purge.

Greetings,
Oliver