Re: run debian off usb flash drive

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 20:45, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 15:19, Oliver Kurth <okurth@gmx.net> wrote:
> > running for about half a year now, usually always on (so few reboots). I
> > am still a little bit worried about /etc/mtab and /etc/network/ifstate
> > (the latter can be put on ram disk as well).
> /etc/mtab should work as a symlink to /proc/mounts.

Yes... but there may be problems with loop mounts.

> > I have built a small Debian package for the ram disk setup, tell me if
> > you are interested.
> Sounds good.  Is it suitable for including in Debian or does it have to hack
> things around too much?

Well, it is really very simple, no rocket science. It just consists of
an init script that creates the directories, see here:
My plans were to make it more configurable, but I haven't done that yet.

But I will look at flashybrid, seems that is more advanced.