Re: Mozilla Firefox's icon and trademark

Timothy Demulder escribió:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:12:29 +0000
"Pedro M." <pmacv@telefonica.net> wrote:

Eric Dorland escribió:

Hmmm, and how do we handle this. I guess we don't consider that our
apache is a derivative... or that is a restriction incompatible with
the DFSG.
* Tollef Fog Heen (tfheen@raw.no) wrote:

* Eric Dorland
| Ok, you're being silly here. The code is free. The name, however, is a
| trademark so we might not be able to use it.
It's probably roughly equivalent to:

4. The names "Apache" and "Apache Software Foundation" must
 not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
 software without prior written permission. For written
 permission, please contact apache@apache.org.

from the Apache license.
However, IANAL, and please, this does not pertain to the technical
development of Debian. so please, please, take it to debian-legal, not
here.

We could create a Firefox icon for Debian ( if later the offer us a new free icon we can include it in the package ) so, it can be detected by apt-get install to create a icon in the desktop manager ( I suggest include the command "install icon imagepath" to install icons in the desktop - gnome, kde and so on ).
Regards.

There are ceveral firefox icons over at kde-look.org.
I like this one in particular:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=10685
Licence says it's GPL, but the guy mentions it's not his work,
so maybe it's useless.

Greets,

Timothy
What about use a GPL fox image and fire with the text : firefox ??.

Regards.