Re: Moshe Zadka <moshez@debian.org> is MIA ?

Kenneth Pronovici <pronovic@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 04:06:23AM +0000, Adam Majer wrote:
> [snip]
>> If someone is MIA, then instead of just taking over one package, you
>> should O: all of their packages AFAIK.

> Hrm.  Well, a check over the bug list does show that Moshe has not
> responded to any bugs since 14 May 2003.  He hasn't been seen by
> db.debian.org at all recently.  And, he's got unacknowledged NMUs for
> roughly half his packages.  I guess that meets my definition of MIA.

> Anyone disagree?

> Moshe, here's the way it's going to go: if I don't hear from you within
> about two weeks (let's say 13 May, since I may be at a BSP that weekend)
> I will orphan all of your packages, setting the maintainer to the Debian
[...]

Please don't do that. See developers reference 7.4 for how to handle
this properly. You should not orphan the packages yourself but gather
all the necessary information and forward it to -qa, where tbm usually
answers almost instantly to this type of questions.
                  cu andreas
--
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.