Re: Debian RC Bug Squish / Code Fest

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 12:39, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:34:44AM +1100, Craige McWhirter wrote:
> > When:
> >         Saturday, March 13, 10:00am - 6:00pm
> > Where:
> >         Sydney University
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to have a regular Debian-wide Bug-Squashing-Party
> at that time (on #debian-bugs, as usual), too? That way, other people
> could help out and it might be even more successful. Or is this planned
> already?

This one is already planned and was announced locally last week, so the
ball is rolling and there is no stopping it. We have though, already
scheduled three more bug squishes for the rest of the year (May, August
and November - see http://debian.slug.org.au/ for more detail) to fit
around local venue availability and d-d / volunteer burn out. Perhaps
one of these schedules could be built up into a global squish fest?

Due to the changes at the beginning of this year to the running of the
local Debian SIG, the volume of preparation work and other priorities
did not allow for much lead time into this bug squish, we opted to push
ahead with the schedule to squeeze in four events rather than push this
back and have fewer.

Anyone interested in taking our scheduled May bug squish and turning it
into something global? We've pencilled it in for the 29th of May, if
other groups want to organise it for the same date (which gives plenty
of organisation time) we could turn that into global squish?

Thoughts?

--

Cheers,
      Craige.

o/~ I'm going to die with a twinkle in my eye 'cause I sung songs
spun stories loved laughed and drank wine o/~  -  The Cat Empire