Re: Componentized linux?

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, [iso-8859-2] Ond?ej Surý wrote:

> have you read about progeny proposal[1,2] on componentized linux
> distributions?  How do you feel about switching to this approach after
> sarge?  I think it would speed up releases of Debian if we split distro
> into components (say: base, x-windows, gnome, kde, apache and so on...)
If I understand this proposal right you are asking for Custom Debian
Distributions.  They only suffer from the documentation that they
exist and thus I could only provide a link to a description which is
currently work in progress but might answer your question

      http://people.debian.org/~tille/debian-med/talks/paper-cdd/debian-cdd.html/

Kind regards

          Andreas.