Re: ITH: gdm -- GNOME Display Manager

Em Sáb, 2004-02-28 às 07:42, Mark Howard escreveu:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 06:48:24PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > I intend to hijack the GDM package.
>
> Thank you Josselin. For those reading -devel who do not know, there have
> been numerous discussions about gdm on the debian-gtk-gnome mailing
> list (not recently, but many in the past). Many people have been unhappy
> with the state of the package and the huge delay (usually) between
> upstream releases and Debian packages. Ryan has, however done an
> excellent job with the package when he's had time - that's why it's
> taken so long for someone to be brave enough to offer to hijack it.

As long as the new maintainer continues with the package quality, I can
see just advantages.  The lag of the updates is only thing I currently
don't like in gdm.  Everything else is in the finest state possible.
Why can't the current maintainer (Ryan) become a co-maintainer with the
gnome team, while Josselin becomes the main maintainer?  This way Ryan
will still improve our lovely gdm when he has time, while everybody else
can work bringing us the bleeding edge gnome software.

	Cheers,
		Felipe Almeida Lessa.