Re: i2c and lm-sensors mess (it works)

Hi !

Some progress on that problem.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 12:46:15AM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> I have made some test yesterday, and since then I am using my computer
> with a 2.4 kernel, 2.7.0 i2c and lm-sensors modules, and applications
> using libsensors2 or libsensors3. So the solution works !

> So here is my proposal for the next days:
>
> 1) Get the approval of David Maze to upload such modules. David, please
>    don't hesitate to refuse such packages. You're maintaining
>    i2c/lm-sensors for years, you better know them than me.
I adopted the packages as there was an RFA opened against them.

> 2) Upload i2c, lm-sensors and lm-sensors-old. Both lm-sensors and
>    lm-sensors-old need manual override. Maybe we could have the help of
>    ftpmasters to get higher priority on this packages, as we need to
>    have i2c/lm-sensors support in Sarge.
Packages uploaded. They are now stuck in NEW. If an ftpmaster is reading
this email, please accept the packages asap. It would be good if the
problem could be solved before Sarge is freezed.

Still to be done:
> 3) Ask for removal of old packages:
>    i2c-2.4.20-3-386, i2c-2.4.20-3-586tsc, i2c-2.4.20-3-686,
>    i2c-2.4.20-3-686-smp, i2c-2.4.20-3-k6, i2c-2.4.20-3-k7,
>    i2c-2.4.20-3-k7-smp
>
> 4) File bugs to get all applications linked to libsensors2 to be rebuilt
>    against latest version of lm-sensors, so they will depends on
>    libsensors3:
>     * xsensors
>     * wmsensors
>     * wmgtemp
>     * mrtgutils
>     * ksensors
>     * hardware-monitor
>     * kdebase ??? (reenable support of sensors in ksysguard)
>
> 5) Ask for removal of libsensors2 from Sid
>
> 6) When all packages have moved to Sarge, ask for removal of libsensors1

Aurelien

PS: David, sorry for all the mails you have surely received from the
    BTS (tagging bugs pending).

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno	              GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux developer | Electrical Engineering Student