Re: *UNAPPROVED* dpkg nmu

Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Josselin Mouette wrote:
>
>> Le dim 29/02/2004 à 00:37, Adam Heath a écrit :
>>
>> > If you want to help, start pseudo-tagging the bugs.  If you don't know what I
>> > mean, you'e even less qualified to work on dpkg.
>>
>> Do you mean that only people with specific qualifications defined by
>> yourself are entitled to work on that piece of (free) software?
>
> No, I mean people should have a reasonable understanding of dpkg development.
> /usr/share/doc/dpkg/pseudo-tags.gz doesn't exist for a reason.
>
> Anyone following dpkg development would have known about that file.

Do you truly think that you should start working on something only
when you master the subject already?

Do you truly think it is best when leading a team to say to someone
willing to work "get of our way, you didn't knew this file exists"
instead of saying "please read the documentation there and start
working on this thing"? Is the knowledge of the pseudo-tags something
that cannot be learned but must be given at birth by magical process?

Funny :)

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |