Re: Debian Standard Mirror configuration (was: apt experimental breaks w/ webcaching)

On 28 Feb 2004 20:53:38 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow
<brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>Debmirror (>>20040228), i.e. the rewritten one, defaults to
>downloading the Release/Packages/Sources files into a temp dir, then
>update the packages and only after that move the metafiles in place.
>That, till now missing feature, anoyed me often enough too.

However, this needs to be documented since most Debian mirrors out
there are run by non-debianists, so we can't rely on them using "our"
scripts.

>As for the expire headers setting expire for /dists to say 1h
>while keeping /pool to a week or month should work.

Stupid question: How do I configure that with apache? Is it just
dropping an 'ExpiresDefault "now plus 1 hour"' into
debian/dists/.htaccess, or am I too naive here?

Greetings
Marc