Re: problem with defoma and non-GTK/KDE apps

Hi,

Arne Goetje <arne@goetje-online.de> wrote:

[ TrueType fonts not found by X apps that presumably don't rely on
  fontconfig ]

> So, I suspect defoma to be the culprit. Can someone confirm this problem?

Since noone seems to have a better idea, I would suggest you to give us
the output of:

  ls -l /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType

and check that:

  1. the fonts you want to use are linked to from there;
  2. fonts.{dir,scale,alias} and encodings.dir are there and correct (I'm
     not sure whether fonts.alias and encodings.dir are mandatory,
     though);
  3. the above directory is in your X font path (and you have performed
     "xset fp rehash" or similar since you last fiddled with fonts/X
     font directories);
  4. permissions are OK if you happen to "play" with them at times...

HTH,

--
Florent