Taking things out of Context. was Re: Mailing lists

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 16:05, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:12:55PM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:
> >   Power corrupts. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely.
>
> James has no absolute power within the Debian project. If you want to
> claim he's corrupt, please come forward with the proof I hope you have;
> if you don't, you'd better keep your conspiracy theories for yourself.

I believe I said there were examples of people that have a severely
negative impact on project, and I never said James was corrupt.

I also don't believe you read my whole statement. I said it would be
good to have a 3 armed system of checks and balances... to alleviate the
perceived favoritism. The quote was to support my statement of anyone in
a place similar to James would have a similar fate without that system.

Please keep your accusations to yourself, Wouter.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup