Re: Where should rrd files generated by a program be stored ?

hi norbert,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 01:07:59AM +0100, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> Currently, mailgraph stores it's graphs and his rrd files under
> /var/cache/mailgraph, but after this thread and a discussion with
> Alexander Reelsen on IRC I decided to move the rrd files to
> /var/lib/mailgraph. The graphs will stay in /var/cache/mailgraph.

which i'd agree is the right thinking.  the rrd's can't be reliably
regenerated thanks to logrotation (your logs will only go so far back and
even then it's a pita to get all of that loaded back into the rrd, i had
to do just that a couple weeks ago) the graphs (png images), however,
can be quickly regenerated from the rrd file, so it makes sense to put
them in /var/cache.

	sean