Re: Where should rrd files generated by a program be stored ?

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 16:38, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Oliver Kurth <okurth@gmx.net> writes:

> > > If you keep the directory structure that should work. And regarding
> > > debconf, it would just ask the questions again on the next update. Its
> > > operation is not compromised by loosing the DB, just its comfort. Or
> > > not?
> >
> > True. But I do not want to loose the comfort ;-), ie. I do not want to
> > answer all these questions again and again on each upgrade.

> Then don't delete the cache. :)

Sigh. I want to mount /var/cache to a ram disk. Then /var/cache/debconf
is also on ram disk. So it's gone when I reboot. To save it, I would
have to tweak it, eg. with bind mounting, so that /var/cache/debconf is
on disk again. This trouble would not be necessary if the debconf DB was
in /var/lib in the first place.

> I suggest using tmpfs instead of a ramdisk too.

Agreed. It is not relevant for the problem though.

Greetings,
Oliver