Re: Packaging _still_ wasteful for many large packages

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:

> If this stuff is arch-dependent, it should not be living under
> /usr/share. If it is truly common, we do not need _11_ copies of it in
> the archive for every version when one is enough.

True. We are going to work on making emacsXY-common arch-indep.

Please note that those arch-indep files are built on every
architecture because this is how the bootstrap works, so it is
not going to save buildds cpu time anyway.

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org