Re: [custom] Custom Debian Distros need the help from debian developers

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>:

> It feels a bit counter-productive when we in the Skolelinux project
> spend lots of time trying to convince Debian package maintainers to
> add support for package configuration using pre-seeding of debconf
> answers, and then experience that the next maintainer of the same
> package consider this a waste and throw out the code.

This is 'bad behaviour' in my opinion. Now, i haven't followed the NTP
thread, so maybe there was a good reason, but still...

> I experence that some debian developers do not even understand the point
> of making the package automatically configurable at install time using
> debconf pre-seeding.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'pre-seeding', but if this means 'give sensible
defaults to get it working for the majority of people which can then be
changed manually' then I'm _all_ for it! I thought this was in the packaging
requirenments!?
--
assassination Iran Marxist North Korea Ortega counter-intelligence
genetic South Africa kibo terrorist tritium 747 nitrate FSF attack