Re: virus scanning

Lars Wirzenius wrote:

I tried clamav for a while last year, and its recognition rate was
abysmal. Is there a better free anti-virus software or did I just not
manage to get it working correctly?

Though clamav is still not at 1.0, there were _huge_ improvements (stability, features and number of viruses recognized) made in the last 12 months. I use it in production environment at a local ISP (in conjunction with amavisd-new, accompanied by H+B AntiVir and F-Prot), and it works like a charm. It also catched recent viruses _earlier_ than the big commercial scanners, and the only 'virii' it let through (caught by one of the other two scanners) were _damaged_ Sobig's.

Give it a try...

Thomas