Re: calendario

Scripsit "David Palmer." <david@weavers-web.org>
> joshk@triplehelix.org (Joshua Kwan) wrote:

> > But why in the world send it to debian-devel?

> Perhaps because he can't read english very well.

I'm not sure that is a factor. I can easily picture an
English-speaking boy completing his first program and wanting to
contribute it to the nice free-software people. It's rather sweet,
actually. We were all born clueless, and it speaks well for him that
he would start programming in the tty paradigm rather than some GUI
monstrosity.

> He offers a gift. Why not accept it in the spirit in which it is
> offered.

I'm sure we all do. Of course, the spirit of "doing with it whatever we
wish" in this case means not doing anything with it. :-)

Anyway, the program's buggy: The weekdays are off by one in January
and February in the year after a leap year, and if any month after
February in a leap year starts with a Tuesday no weekday heading gets
printed ...

> Is there anybody here who can introduce him to correct procedure,

I expect that Domenico has already tried to equip him with a clue in
the gentlest manner posible.

--
Henning Makholm   "Der er ingen der sigter på slottet. D'herrer konger agter
                 at triumfere fra balkonen når de har slået hinanden ihjel."