Re: Why Linux, Why Debian

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 11:33:17PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:53, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org>
> wrote:
> > http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/
> >
> > Please read all of it, fefe has made number of corrections and
> > updates.
>
> Do you know of something similar that also compares commercial Unices?

He provides the code for his benchmarks, and given their simplicity and the
fact that they already build and run on the systems tested in the article, I
imagine they are quite likely to work unchanged on several commercial
unices.

Of course, to say that (for example) Solaris is not at its best on x86 was,
the last time I tried it, a gross understatement.

--
 - mdz