Re: 16 Broken packages because of tar

* Martin Michlmayr (tbm@cyrius.com) [040212 23:55]:
> * Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> [2004-02-12 23:45]:
> > Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt has created a checking script for broken tar
> > archives. This script has found 16 packages (with mtime < 10 days)
> > that have broken filenames. The following is the list of broken
> > packages.
> >
> > If I don't get a "No" until 16:00 UTC, I'll fill RC-bugs against these
> > packages to prevent traversal to sarge.

> No, it's much better to binary NMU.

Goswin is just compiling the m68k-binaries, so they'll be fixed. I'll
do something on the i386 this evening. It'd be good if someone with
more experience than I could compile on the other archs.

> How does thie checking script work?  In particular, can it be done in
> Python?  If yes, it can be integrated to katie.  James wanted to
> reject such uploads but we couldn't find an easy way to find broken
> uploads (apt's tar method shows them properly).

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt created this script, and Jeroen van Wolffelaar
added it to lintian now; this check will be included in lintian after
tonights mirror push. Please ask further questions to them; I just
used Marcs script on gluck (because Marc is no DD until now, and a
local mirror was needed for that).

Cheers,
Andi
--