Re: 2.6 kernel boot crashing

Em Qua, 2004-02-11 às 06:24, Thomas E. Vaughan escreveu:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 05:17:35PM +0100, Francesco P.
> Lovergine wrote:
> >
> > There are good probability that you have some ram problem.
> > Run memtest86 in standalone mode to check it.
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> What is "standalone mode"?  I know how to boot to
> single-user mode by typing the image label followed by
> "single" at the LILO command line.  Is that what you mean?

I suggest use GRUB, and call memtest86 on a GRUB shell command line.

Do apt-get install grub and run grub-install /dev/hda. Copy the
menu.lst  /usr/share/doc/grub/examples/menu.lst from /boot/grub and edit
for you settings. Then put the memtest entry on /boot/grub/menu.lst
like:

title = Memory Testing
        kernel = (hd0,0)/boot/memtest86.bin

On boot, select the Memory Testing and open one wine glass for relax!

[]'s
Checked by Debian GNU/Linux <http://www.debian.org>.

"free your computer and your soul will follow..."