Re: Python modules w/#! lines... Lintian overrides?

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 02:50:10PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> >      2. LINTIAN WARNS ABOUT NON-EXECUTABLE SCRIPT FOR *.py FILES.  This,
> >         I think is an error in Lintian with regards to modules in
> >         /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/ directories.  I'll likely be adding
> >         lintian overrides files for these warnings.
> >
> > [What is debian-devel concensus about this?]
>
> Lintian is wrong.  Users are not expected to execute things in /usr/lib,
> hence no execution permission bit is needed.
>
> Please file a bug against lintian.

Actually, the python thing might already be filed, but in general there's a
lot of shit in /usr/lib that gets executed so I'm not sure whether just
dismissing the general warning is the best thing to do. There is still the
question of whether this is in a _package_ checker's jurisdiction, though.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.