Re: Javascript libraries in debian

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 04:49:03PM +0100, Raphael Goulais scribbled:
> Le ven 06/02/2004 à 12:54, Sebastian Ley a écrit :
> > What would be a good way to deal with the situation? Is it sufficient
> > to let both packages conflict with each other?
>
> Does these libraries provide the same functionnalities ?
> Could a debian user need to use both of them ?
Functionality is the same - they are both javascript interpreters. But
API-wise they are totally different and come from different backgrounds. So,
I'd say that yes, we need both of them.

> If debian users are not allowed to use a software because it conflicts
> with another one, you had better give him a good explanation, other than
> the fact this gives less work to do for the debian developer, I think.
I would agree with that opinion. Although, if there is a solution that
satisfies all the parties, I'm all in favor of it.

marek