Re: Debian and Novell

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 07:37:25AM -0000, Stephen Birch wrote:

> I also use VMWare with Debian both as host and installed OS. It
> works well with Debian.

It doesn't work well at all if the host Debian is using file-rc. After
each reboot, VMWare thinks it hasn't been configured (because no links
in /etc/rc*.d/), and you have to reconfigure it. I tried to use it to
ease the migration pain (migration from Microsoft Windows) of a
friend, it was a total disaster.

--
Lionel